The average internet user leaves a page in 10 seconds or less. Including yours, mine and this one.
Snackable content is short. Like a piece of candy that can be easily consumed, enjoyed and shared. The metaphor is a good one – because your content needs to have visual appeal as well. We call this ‘eye candy’.
Snackable content is sharable. Meaning it’s something clever enough to pass it along. 95% of the time this means you’ve posted something humorous. The other 5% is because it features a semi-naked shot of Gisele Bundchen.
Snackable content is searchable. Which means you have to write headlines with important keywords for your target. It has to be a story about them, and not solely about your product.
Remember, even though you’d like your prospects to stick around for a meal, you’re better off providing a snack. They may just bite.