A study released this week by Mondo surveyed over 250 marketing execs of both B2C and B2B brands. Here’s what they reported finding:
1) 80% plan to increase digital marketing budgets over the next 12 to 18 months. No real surprise there.
2) Digital marketing talent is expensive – but companies are finding that management is finally realizing they have no choice but to invest.
3) The skills most in demand are: digital/social (54%), content creation (44%), big data/analytics (33%) and mobile strategy (30%).
4) Mobile is seen as the area with the most potential for development. When people live on their phones, you need to reach them there as well.
5) Brands realize that they need to do a much better job of creating videos – especially those that will be shared. When you hear about ‘original content’, think video first.
6) Companies are shifting to contract and freelance digital marketing, rather than full-time. It’s a ‘candidate’s market’ right now, and many of the best are not seeking full-time employment.